Monday, May 24, 2010

You always remember your first!

My first “love”!





The first Car ( of the now ten I have owned) was the 1964 AMC Rambler Classic 770.





It was bought new by a nice lady in St.Cloud who only drove it to “Church and the grocery store”. She left it to her nephew with only a small dent and 24xxx miles. The Dad and I bought it for $1000 bucks in 1988.



I LOVED this car!!!

It came to an untimely end – cause I smashed it up- a few years later but it had a nice ride!





My best memories (outside of romantic ones) in this car involve playin’ CB Tag with My Boys- the Bastards.



We developed this game by accident-we all had CBs in our cars and would play a radical version of hide and seek in our cars.



You were “tagged” when a “seeker” was behind you by less than a car length at a stop sign or red stop light. This and the boundary lines were pretty much THE ONLY RULES.

As 18 year old boys- we were CRAZY! Honestly- looking back- I am amazed no one got hurt. We only had two crashes in the 5 months or so we played the game.

It got sooo crazy- the County Sherriff had a “Task Force” to catch us.




They did- it took them two months and a team of 10 officers- but they did.

The Bastards have joked about playing ‘Tag’ again someday but with all of us being “grown-up” now I doubt it.

Maybe when we are all retired and need something to do we’ll play again. Or then again- maybe that’s when we’ll take up “skitchin’” again.





But that’s another story!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: