Monday, November 23, 2009

"truth" in advertising!

I was shocked by this Canada Dry Ginger Ale commercial I saw tonight.




They actually say - "people wil be surprised to learn that Canada Dry Ginger Ale has real ginger!"

WHAT?  GINGER ale has GINGER in it?  As Pepper Brooks once said- " I feel shocked! "

But then I remembered something I learned about a popular product years ago
A buddy and I were shopping for party snacks and wanted some guacamole
We grabbed some Dean's guacamole from the shelf and out of curiosity looked at the ingredients- it did NOT contain avocados??

We were "surprised and shocked" !  That is THE ingredient that makes guacamole!

see the pic where it just says - guacamole -




but after this
http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/case/guacamole_dip_deceptive_advertising.html

The label now says - guacamole flavored -




So it made the Canada Dry commercial not soo "shocking and surprising"

No comments: