Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween memories

Been there and done that!!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33528898/ns/weather/

I was in the Halloween Blizzard of 1991- I drove around through the whole thing- I dug my car out from Snow Plow block ins- 3 times

During those couple of days I -

Had a great date with a nice girl.

Attended a weekend Church retreat.

I dug my car out from Snow Plow block ins- 4 times

Enjoyed playing in the almost 3 feet of snow that fell.

Gained memories that will last forever!

The best image was- during the thick of it on Halloween night- a foot of snow had already fallen. I was driving on Hwy 101.

For those that don't know- this is a very curvy road so- going very slow due to the conditions.

As I was coming around one of the many S curves I saw something that- now being a Dad- warms my heart- then it was just fun to see.

There was a man in full snowsuit and boots- trekking through the snow- on his shoulder a young child in a matching snowsuit that had a monster costume stuffed over it.

In the Child's hand- a Halloween Pumpkin "trick-o-treat' bucket!

THEY WERE "TRICK-O-TREATING" IN THE SNOW! Now- that is a devoted Dad!




I love my Nora more than can be measured and I can't say I've done something that devoted for her- YET- but I bet I would!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: